Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Pill for Dowtown Fabulous Folk

The Pill Awards, the annual awards honoring the best in Queer, Drag, and Downtown Fabulous-ness in Video, Film Shorts, Music Video and Media seen on ADD-TV (Attention Deficit Disorder Television) happened at Arena nightclub in New York City on January 24th. Everyone in the queer nightlife and music video scene was on hand to celebrate. I was corresponding for a news segment for Under the Pink Carpet, the television series I work on now airing on NYC Life (WNYC Channel 25). I had a wonderful time interviewing Drag/Transgender personalities Sherry Vine, Brittney Houston, Amanda Lepore and the winner of the first season of RuPaul's Drag Race, Bebe Zahart Benet. I also loved seeing all my friends from the scene showing off our bodies and/or colorful ensembles.