Sunday, August 12, 2007

NEXT Magazine - Gay Take-Away celeb

I'm featured in the current issue of Next Magazine (Aug. 10, 2007 #15.06 page 46) one of the top weekly guides to NYC Queer nightlife, entertainment and culture. I'm in the Eats dinning section revealing her favorite take-out selection. Pick up a copy! It's a fabulous magazine!


Here is the published text:


Next – GAY TAKE-AWAY – Lady Clover Honey

Next Magazine’s celebs of New York nightlife reveal their favorite take-out joints.

Lady Clover Honey, television's drag-queen journalist, reports on the world's most fab queer events on Under the Pink Carpet, hosts the annual Fresh Fruit Festival, and performs in the monthly Sexahol Review at Mo Pitkin's. She's also made history on news report doc Bright Lights/Out City and as the first Drag Maestro Conductor at Carnegie Hall. So where does the Lady go to sweeten the pot?


"One of my favorite gay take-away places is Rocking Horse Café (182 Eighth Ave, 212-463-9511). After an exhausting video shoot, I kick off my pumps and enjoy some subconsciously Freudian phallic burritos that truly satisfy my hunger. The Grilled Vegetable Burrito ($15.95) comes with avocado, watercress and roasted tomato salsa. When I crave something meatier, I get the marinated natural Hanger Steak Burrito ($16.95) or the Chile Relleno ($16.95) with sautéed wild mushrooms for my queen-sized appetite. To get me in an exotic mood, I order the Coconut Flan with Coconut Tuile ($4.95). One taste and I'm in Acapulco!" N


Under the Pink Carpet screens every other Thursday on Time Warner MCC 34 at 10:30pm. Visit underthepinkcarpet.tv for more info. For details of her her live appearances on Aug 23 and Sept 3 visit ladycloverhoney.com.