Friday, January 14, 2011

Skating Champion Johnny Weir Penthouse Book Release Gala

I was thrilled to be invited to attend star-studded gala to celebrate the release of “Welcome To My World” a new book authored by Figure Skating Champion Johnny Weir this week. The soiree, held at the tre' chic and glamorous 230 Fifth Avenue Penthouse event space in New York City, applauded the highly-anticipated publication where the Olympic Medal-winning Celebrity finally comes Out of the Closet.


"With people killing themselves and being scared into the closet, I hope that even just one person can gain strength from my story." says Weir in the book. "I'm not ashamed to be me, more than anyone else I know, I love my life and accept myself. What's wrong with being unique? I am proud of everything that I am and will become."

A major snow-storm didn’t hinder any of the excitement from the book release celebration with champagne from Barefoot Bubbly. Party-goers included: Matthew Modine, Desinger Izaac Mizrahi, Tony Sawicki and Stephanie Butler of Under the Pink Carpet, Jed Ryan of DishMiss, figure skaters Oksana Baiul and Sarah Hughes, Li Jing, Ryan Nickulas, TJ Kelly and Derek Saathoff of The A-List, B D Wong, Adrienne Laundau, Jeff Coulin, original Village People Cowboy Randy Jones, Adult Entertainment Czar Michael Lucas, Daniel Nardiccio, Robin Byrd, Drag Divas from RuPaul’s Drag Race, Chip Ducket and Ron Lasko from Spin Cycle and many others