Monday, March 2, 2009

Fresh Fruit PlayHouse

I love being the monthly hostess of the Fresh Fruit PlayHouse at the legendary NYC landmark, Nuyorican Poets Cafe, home of the Poetry Slams! On the third Wednesday of every month, Nuyorican hosts and evening dedicated to Gay, Lesbian, Bi and Transgender performers and the Straight (but not narrow) supporters. It's a place to try out new material, network and have a fun fruity time. On March 18th, I performed the Mascara Song form La Cage and other performers included Vera Wylde, India, Jasmine Maldonado of Animus, Sue Ellen Rubin and Carol Polcovar. Pedro Angle Serrano of Out FM radio made a fabulous flyer for the evening but he wasn't able to show up. But we had a fun "Girls Night Out" anyway! A large group of High School Students from Massachusetts showed up and I had fun ribbing them and giving the youngsters my sage life advice. I hope they know how to use it!!