Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Hosting Original GLBT Expo

I’ve always been an exhibitionist of sorts, and I love to see and be seen. So it was perfection that on March 22nd, I was the official hostess of the 16th annual original GLBT Expo, held annually at the Jacob Javitz Convention Center in New York City. Thousands of people from all over the North East USA and far beyond came to see the thousands of booths of Gay and Gay-friendly businesses and organizations. I loved seeing all my friends from the Community and making new acquaintances. I hosted part of the live stage show that headlined Zelma Davis the lead vocalist for C+C Music Factory whose voice was heard on every single from the mega-hit machine, including “Here We Go (Let’s Rock & Roll)” and “Do You Wanna Get Funky.” I loved co-hosting with MTV reality star Loco Ninja. I also performed with Billboard recording artist Lovari with his hit “Work It Out.” Other performers included Sean Seen, Appolonia Cruz, Tass, India M., Carmella Cann, Amber Rose Marie, dance tropes Project Valentine and Rhythm Locura. I also co-hosted the Video Lounge, by Logo, Under the Pink Carpet, and Long Island Film Festival where I presented music videos featuring Drag Queens. Lovari once again showed his video that features me, Take My Pain Away and Drag star Sherry Vine showed some of her hilarious parody videos. Ryan Wolowski and Samara Riviera were also present at the Video Lounge and conducted interviews for television.