Monday, June 15, 2009

New York City Manhattan Pride

The last Sunday in June is celebrated as Gay Pride Day. In honor and commemoration of the first Gay rebellion that took place during a police raid of a Gay bar called the Stonewall Inn in New York City's Greenwich Village on June 27, 1969. I celebrated by being part of Manhattan's LGBT Pride Parade down 5th Avenue and then performing on the mainstage at New York's famous Pridefest! I met up with Tony Sawicki and Jed Ryan from DishMiss.com who marched in the parade with the hotties from NYC's gay swim team, NY Aquatics. Then I went on the float for The LGBT Center where I host Center Bingo and road down 5th Ave. When finished, I performed at PrideFest with the Bisexual Rocker Houston Bernard who performed his original songs, and even recording artist Lovari also joined us on stage.