Thursday, June 27, 2013

Cher the Pride!

I was so thrilled to meet Cher backstage at the club Marquee Q on June 27th. Cher gave a special performance celebrating the release of her new single "Woman's World" at the grand opening of the new hot-spot at 289 Tenth Avenue in Chelsea, New York City. 

Cher expressed her appreciation for her Gay fans saying, "I've had ups and downs in my career, and you guys never left me. I was out, I was uncool, I was a has-been, whatever the f**k."  She added "You guys have ALWAYS been there. . . You've keep me in sequins."  And she proved her words by dancing and mingling with us drag divas, club kids and other party-goers.

I had a blast in the VIP area, on the main dance floor and on the catwalk-runway with my "partners in crime" Lovari, Tym Moss and others!  Getting close to such a beloved and legendary icon was the most awesome, amazing experience ever!