Thursday, April 30, 2009

Quentin Crisp in Tribeca Film Festival

I just love walking the red carpets and the carpet at the annual Tribeca Film Festival was most magnificent! I thoroughly enjoyed the premiere of An Englishman in New York, screened at one of the world's most prestigious institutions for the art of filmmaking, the Tribeca Film Festival. I am honored to have a role in the film, a biopic about the last years of the life of the legendary Quentin Crisp. I remember being at parties with the real Quentin and I have a photo of us together in 1998. I walked the red carpet with my gorgeous friend, recording artist/actor Lovari, who was also in the film with me. We mingled and were reunited with others in the film including John Hurt, who plays Crisp with an amazing likeness. We also met Cynthia Nixon, from Sex and the City, who played downtown performance artist Penny Arcade in An Englishman in New York. I played a Drag Queen in the film, they always seem to cast me in roles like that!