Sunday, October 7, 2007

Clover at Caroline's on Broadway

On Sunday, September 30, I had my first performance at the premiere Comedy Club, Caroline's on Broadway, a venue for stand-up comedy located in Times Square/Broadway Theater District in New York City on Broadway between 49th and 50th Streets. Caroline's is one of the most established, famous and recognized stand-up comedy clubs in the USA. Many of the top comedy headliners have performed at Caroline's, including Pee Wee Herman, Jerry Seinfeld, Jay Leno, Andrew Dive Clay, Gilbert Gottfried, Andy Borowits, Colin Quinn, Mitch Hedberg and many others. I'm so thrilled that I was able to entertain and get some laughs on the same stage that so many other talented comedy professionals have been on.

I studied stand up comedy with Linda Smith, a two time Emmy
nominee, comedian and comedy writer. Others who have learned the art of creating laughter with me also performed in the comedy showcase. Many of my friends showed up to support my debut Caroline's performance, including my genetic sister who came in with a friend from NJ. Having good friends and family to cheer you on, really makes a big difference when you are a performer. My (genetic/bio) sister, Karen Meola and friends Terry Ulrich, Alica Pettie Pie, Howie V, Stephanie Butler, Rita Petite, Madelyn Madelaine, Mark Levine, Walter, Paul Simpton, Mike Cabon, Jim, David, Tommy, Brandon, Barry, Chris, Steve, Alex Howelle, and others came to give me support.

The show was hosted by Jimmy Failla and the others doing stand-up comedy included: Chris Jammal, April Roberts, Michael Reese, Gina Wright, Nick Vale, Brian Masefield, Sarah Spigelman, Anthony Cauiglia, Carla Milo and Dion Forest.






















........