Thursday, March 8, 2007

Boys Just Wanna Have Fun

After meeting some of the cast last Wednesday I couldn’t wait to attend the opening of Anthony Wilinson’s new Off-Broadway comedy, Boys Just Wanna Have Fun on Saturday March 3. The show takes place in the 80’s and the decade never looked so good! All the 80s music reminded me of my childhood. And the colorful fashions were more stunning and fabulous than ever! It’s such a shame that gold spandex went out of style! Most of the comedy takes place in a Gay bar in Staten Island where an undercover cop investigating a drug ring falls for the local heart-throb. As I was told, the Drag characters were ultra, ultra fabulous. Tony Sawicki interviewed the actors after the show was over. We were so glad that the actors who played the Drag Divas stayed in make-up for their TV broadcast debuts. “I’m ready for my close-up Mr. DeMille!” I highly recommend seeing this play! It's the most fun I've had at the theatre in a long time!


Photos: Tom Baran (Danny) and Anthony Wilkinson (Ralph/Rio), Chad Kessler (Pontessa Puree) and Kevin McIntyre (Fanny Fondue)