Thursday, March 8, 2007

The glamorous GLAMMY AWARDS

On Thursday March 1, I was an award presenter at THE GLAMMYS, an event that pays homage to excellence in the art of Drag Queen performance. There were awards given for best performance, best comedy, best dressed, best party, best lip-synch and other categories. It took place at the grand ballroom at Downtown's Webster Hall and almost every Drag Personality in NYC was there. It was so much fun seeing all the “Girls” and catching up on all the gossip! I presented on stage with the beautiful Edie and we complemented each other beautifully! I had long blonde hair, she had dark hair in an up-do beehive. I wore a full length gown and she wore a mini that showed off her fantastic long legs, that she threw in a few high kicks while in the spotlight. Me and Edie were also photographed in Next Magazine together in the current issue. I read the award for Best Comedy and announced that the winner was Drag King, Mr. Murray Hill. Unfortunately, he wasn’t around to come up and accept the award. “That’s just like a man!” I joked by saying that familiar line. I also said that this was an important award since a sense of Humor was the best drag accessory. This was the second time I presented an award where the winner was a no-show! At least when I presented The Fruitie Award the winner - a fierce Tranny Rocker called Mercury Madd, came to accept the award all the way in from Kansas.

Tony Sawicki, Robin Cloud and Howie V joined me and we video-taped and produced a news segment for our TV series, Under the Pink Carpet about NYC celebrity Drag culture. I interviewed Edie, Peppermint, Mimi Imfurst, Epiphany, Acid Betty, Milan, Jesse Volt and others. Jesse Volt was given the special honor of receiving The Legend Award! It was especially exciting to interview Jesse since I’ve been a fan of hers for several years. She answered my questions with humor and intelligence. She has contributed to much to NYC and our culture and truly is deserving of the honor. Milan is part of the fierce dance performance group called Daisy Spurs. We talked about how lucky she is to be the only Drag/Gender-Bending member in a troupe loaded with hot, talented, flexible men!

















Photos: On Stage at Webster Hall - Clover Honey with Edie, With Jesse Volt, Clover Honey with Milan of Diasiy Spurs and Linda