Monday, February 19, 2007

Valentine Opening Climaxxed

So February 14th, Valentine’s Day arrived! I took this time to reminisce about all the men I loved through the years. I remembered the days of yesteryear, back before all Gays ever went to Chelsea and everyone gathered in Greenwich Village. Christopher Street was the place to be and from the Hudson River to 6th Avenue, the cross-town thoroughfare was bustling with Men, looking for love. It seemed rather appropriate that one notorious Gay Pick-up palace on Christopher Street was renovated into a more upscale Lounge, renamed Climaxx with cable TV personality Barry Z hosting, and was having its Opening Night Gala on this day devoted for Lovers. Although I was just there the night before, I love openings so much I couldn’t resist coming back for seconds. The Guest List included Randy Jones, the original Cowboy from the Village People, singer/songwriters Josh Zuckerman and Robert German, PR Guru Stephen Schulman, The Glamazons, a hot stripper named Marchello and many others.

Photos: Marchello, Randy Jones, Barry Z