Monday, January 8, 2007

New Year, New Blog


Exciting New Year, exciting New Blog. It’s always fabulous to start a new year. Looking back on 2006, after making history as the first Drag Queen to conduct at a sold-out Carnegie Hall concert, highlights of the past year include when I danced on stage with a nude punk rocker (Houston Bernard) at the decadent club Siberia, hosted a networking party at the first Queen Media Television conference (Q-Me Con 2006), hosted the opening of the Fresh Fruit Festival, Hosted a music video showcase for Out Music, Performed for a celebration of Cher's 60th Birthday, in the Final Hurrah concert series marking the closing of the legendary Cabaret showroom, Danny's Skylight Room and so many other events in NYC, Philadelphia, Asbury Park NJ and Salem MA.

But now it's 2007, a new year and there’s always so much to look forward to, new people to meet, new places to visit, new guys to flirt with. So I thought I would start with a new more technical Blog site. I used to just blog on one of my blank web pages. My New Year’s eve was very “intimate” so I’ll start my Blog by mentioning a fun evenings last week.


On January 3rd, My (T/G, C/D) girlfriends and I had a beautiful Ladies dinner at my place in Midtown. Rochelle fixed up a gourmet quality food including marinated grilled London Broil with sautéed mushrooms, peppers and onion. After dinner, we headed to Dave’s, an old-fashioned Times Square watering-hole where the guys like to challenge my girlfriends to games of pool. Later Madelyn, Caprice and myself went Downtown to The Monster, the well-known Village Gay Dance Club for Jesse Volt’s weekly Drag show. Jesse opened the show with a great jazzy version of “Big Spender” in high kinky boots. I was glad to see Milan was also in the show. I know her from around town and she was in Da Lipstixx and on Broadway. She did a flawless impersonation of a young Donna Summer. After the show I met NY’s most well-known bartender, Tree. He was there tending bar at The Stonewall Inn on the night of the infamous 1969 riots. He told me the The Stonewall Inn has new investors and will reopen soon! “Everything old is new again!”